Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Installing DP7.00 client on cluster-aware server

Jump to solution
Hi,

Good to know remember assing kudos

Regards
Please assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
0 Likes
garyfritz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Already did, yesterday.  🙂

Still want to know if I did something wrong and shouldn't have needed to MANUALLY update the INET service and open port 5555.  I didn't see that in the manual instructions and I'm wondering if I missed something, or if the manual is missing something.

0 Likes
garyfritz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Anyone?  Anyone?

New question:  after installing a client, you're supposed to verify the installation by right-clicking on the client and selecting "Check Installation..."

There is no such option for clusters.  Is there any way to verify a cluster client?  Seems like it would be even more necessary than for a single client...

Also:  When scheduling the backup job, it appears that the only option available for the cluster itself is to back up the witness disk.  It looks like you just back up the cluster nodes individually, same as if they weren't in a cluster.  So why did we have to do all the cluster-aware installation stuff?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Kristof Van Ges
New Member.

Jump to solution

Gary,

Not sure whether you are still struggling with this, given it has been 5 months since your last post, but after installation of the cluster aware agents all virtual hosts should be automatically imported.

If you want to backup shared disks you need to add an IP + hostname to each cluster service/application.  I am not a Windows guy so forgive me if I am not using the correct terminolgy.

Bottom line is that shared disks are only found by DP when accessed through the cluster package/resource/sevice name instead of the cluster name.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.