Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Respected Contributor.. T. Cooper Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: Ipc subsystem reports: "IPC Read Error and System error: [10054] Connection reset by peer -

Now I am getting these errors and I have no communications between cell manager and host.

[Major] From: MSM@hpdp.loc "" Time: 5/21/2018 12:00:05 PM

[65:2] Could not connect to OmniInet process on host mail.com

[Major] From: MSM@hpdp.loc "" Time: 5/21/2018 12:00:05 PM

[65:73] Media Management daemon reports:

"IPC Read Error

System error: [10054] Connection reset by peer

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Ipc subsystem reports: "IPC Read Error and System error: [10054] Connection reset by peer -

Hi @T. Cooper,

Please revert omnirc and restart the Data Protector INET service. This should fix the connection issue.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

I have a ticket in. I cant do a device check, it gives me the same error. I submitted it today so it should take 3 days or so for them to look at it, they may never remote in, and then who knows how long for them to suggest a fix. Data Protector support is the worse support I have ever had and its one of the most expensive.

Those omnirc changes were given to me as the result of a support ticket.  I am thorughly confused.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @T. Cooper,

Please send me the ticket ID via a private message. Are you using the case manager in https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com for this? Make sure to use the right priority/severity (1 for critical cases).

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello  T. Cooper,

I am one of the senior L3 DP Support engineer and I am also tasked to monitor this forum.

I have noted your comments below about your experience with DP Support - I guess you are referring to old/previous + existing and even new logged cases.

I am ready to raise your ccomments below as direct customer feedback to my manager and the only thing holding me back is customer details - which is why I would really need to get your case ID - the support ticket you are referring to.

Can you share to me those DP case ID(s) so I can review what is the case status. I would like to help you but I need this one info from you.

Rgds,

Sherman

DP Support

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

The current case ID is SD02196179. The previous was SD02153609. I have no idea if the two tickets are related or not. I submitted a ticket Yesterday.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello  T. Cooper,

Apologies for the late one as I have been OFF for the past days.

I have checked the two cases and I see them to be of this status.

SD02196179 - case is closed (25 May)
SD02153609 - case is closed (3 May)

Both are issue with your Exchange backup.

Let me check with the case owner and will secure their comments as I will share your entries in this thread as direct customer feedback.

Will come back to you once I have something.

RGds,

Sherman

DP Support

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Add this to the list SD02200441. There are probably others that go further back as well.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks

I have sent you an email using subject "Case no. SD02200441" and then I may need to advise you that for this issue, it is best that we wiork with the given DP support case ID.

Issue:

Ipc subsystem reports: "IPC Read Error and System error: [10054] Connection reset by peer – CoFC

This can be due to a lot of things - more likely external from DP given that it is intermittent and so we may need to spend more time to investigate.

I guess my next update on this thread will be the fix/solution to you case, which will only be if your issue is resolved and acceptable to you.

Rgds,

Sherman

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.