Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Isn't DP6 compatible with rman 8.1.7??

Dear all,
I'm migrating all our jobs (about 80 specifications) from DP5.5 to DP6.
All is fine (Oracle, filesystem, Lotus, VCB for ESX etc) EXCEPT for the backups of an 8.1.7 Oracle DB, W2K Advanced server machine.
Its filesystem backups are ok, but no way to make oracle integration to work...
If I move it back to the old cell server (DP5.5) everything is perfect and the Oracle backups are fine too.
The rman script is fine, but i got errors like these (for each channel allocated):

RMAN-03007: retryable error occurred during execution of command: backup
RMAN-07004: unhandled exception during command execution on channel dev_0
RMAN-10035: exception raised in RPC: ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="DataWarehouse_DWHR_AG8_Oracle_ArchiveLog<667738279:1>.dbf", parms=""
ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
ORA-19511: Vendor specific error: OB2_StartObjectBackup() failed ERR(0)
RMAN-10031: ORA-19624 occurred during call to DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE.BACKUPPIECECREATE

The full log is attached in a text file.
I searched the web and Metalink too, but i didn't found that ERR(0) anywhere.

The client is DP6 with DPWIN 00384, 00387, 00340 patches (so latest available).
The CC is on HP-Ux machine (11.31), with latest patches available until 10-October 2008 (today).

Could someone help me or give me a hint?

Thanks a lot,
Alessandro
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Isn't DP6 compatible with rman 8.1.7??

Ok, solved.
I don't know exactly why... But on that server there was 2 different Oracle home, one points to 8.1.7 (which is the DB version) and another pointing to 9.2.
On DP5.5 the integration pointed to Oracle home of version 8.1.7.
In the new DP6 envionment I tryed to configure the integration to point to 9.2, and it works!
The rman is still 8.1.7 version, but now it works fine...

Best regards,
Alessandro
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.