Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Job completed with errors

Jump to solution
Hi, I have a job which completes with errors.

I'm still a novice with this product and can't find any useful error information in the GUI's log. How can I find out which folders/files fails?

I can see an "administrators command prompt" feature within "Programs - HP Data Protector" that I thought maybe could be useful, but when I fill in administrators password it just closes down. I didn't originally install Data Protector and use the domain admin pw to log in - is that correct?

Secondly, is it possible to make the job ignore these errors or do I have to uncheck folders/files from the job template?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

to find out what is wrong - You have to see backup report details. There are at least two ways to get backup report:

1. from GUI (connect to Cell Manager and go to "Internal database tab, and next point to "Sessions", find session with problems, right click on "properties. In "General" tab check "Reporting level" (if there is "Critical, you only see critical mesaages - so better choose "Normal"). Next go to "Message Tab" and find what was wrong during backup.

2. from commnad line:

#omnistat -previous
(write down backup session number, this with "failures")

#omnidb -ses -rep

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

to find out what is wrong - You have to see backup report details. There are at least two ways to get backup report:

1. from GUI (connect to Cell Manager and go to "Internal database tab, and next point to "Sessions", find session with problems, right click on "properties. In "General" tab check "Reporting level" (if there is "Critical, you only see critical mesaages - so better choose "Normal"). Next go to "Message Tab" and find what was wrong during backup.

2. from commnad line:

#omnistat -previous
(write down backup session number, this with "failures")

#omnidb -ses -rep

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I managed to find out, that the problem was minor and related to "not enough diskspace" on my server. I extended the volume and expect the problem to be solved.

Thx and enjoy your well-deserved points! 🙂
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
The solution can be found in the thread
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.