Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LN Error:

Hi All,

I find this erros after completion of lotus notus backup this error i get every now and then please advice me how to fix it.

And is there any critical impact on Lotus backup /restore by checking this error.

[Critical] From: OB2BAR_LDBAR@s133g002.xyz.abc.com "SBJSDP02.WK.DCX.COM" Time: 4/3/2008 2:31:59 AM
Lotus Notes C API 'NSFDbOpen' returned error 259: File does not exist.

Thanks all in advance.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LN Error:

Hi Anp,
I had the same error in my backups, and I got the solution.
This error happens if for some reason in your backup specification there is an entry related to a DB which has been deleted from the server.
When the backup arrives to this DB, the agent can't find it and gives exactly that error.

This has also 2 IMPORTANT implications:
1- the backup system isn't able to auto-exclude the deleted DBs from the backup spec. (and gives this error)
2- the backup system, ISN'T ABLE TO AUTO-ADD TO THE SPECIFICATION THE NEWLY CREATED DBs.

So take care, because all the Domino DBs created after the backup creation WILL NOT BE BACKUPed until you'll manually add them to the specification.

Ciao, Alessandro - Milan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.