ehuang Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Last Modified Time and Incremental Backup

Jump to solution
Typically, a Windows system file has 3 time stamps: Created date/time, Last Modified date/time and Last Accessed date/time. To improve server performance, I may need to disable "Last Accessed date/time", would this affect DP doing incremental backup? Many thanks.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Shoghi Martinez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Last Modified Time and Incremental Backup

Jump to solution
With conventional incremental backup, the main criterion for determining whether a file has changed or not since a previous backup is the file's modification time.

DP has other unknown-to-me criteria, but the last accessed date/time is not evaluated.

HTH
Shoghi.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Shoghi Martinez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
With conventional incremental backup, the main criterion for determining whether a file has changed or not since a previous backup is the file's modification time.

DP has other unknown-to-me criteria, but the last accessed date/time is not evaluated.

HTH
Shoghi.
0 Likes
ehuang Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
see above. thank you!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.