JJJ Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

List all clients in a backup spec

Jump to solution

HI All

I am trying to do something (I would have imageined) would be quite simple,

List all clients based on backup spec, whether that exports to .txt or .csv etc,

Can anyone assist me here?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: List all clients in a backup spec

Jump to solution

Hi PDS_Support,

I would use omnirpt for this.

omnirpt -report host_statistics -timeframe 168 168 -datalist DATALIST

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
Tags (1)
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi PDS_Support,

I would use omnirpt for this.

omnirpt -report host_statistics -timeframe 168 168 -datalist DATALIST

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Tags (1)
JJJ Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Perfect 

Thank you Sebastian

0 Likes
Pullan
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hello!

I'm trying to get a list of clients in each backup specification (all clients in MyBackup1, MyBackup2). When I tried to run your command (DP 9.09), I get the following error:

Cell Manager: blah.blah.com
Creation Date: 5/16/2018 10:21:45 AM

Client backup statistics not available.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi @Pullan,

Please try the following command which works in my environment. The quotes are only needed, if the datalist names contain spaces.

omnirpt -report host_statistics -timeframe 168 168 -datalist "DATALIST1" "DATALIST2"

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. Gamut Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Although you already have a correct answer, my answer might suite others.

Please note that route via omnirpt -report host_statistics uses a timeframe. Depending on your needs, it is exactly what you want or subtly wrong. If you do not run backups often (or disabled the schedule), you won't get any client. Just set the timeframe to 1 1 and you will get "Client backup statistics not available."

If you want to know which clients will (tried to) be backed up __if__ a backup runs, you might want to try

/opt/omni/bin/omnirpt -report dl_trees -tab

Although this will list all the clients for all the backup specifications, you can simply filter the output with your favorite tool..

Just another approach which workes in DP9 (but perhaps not in DP10): manually searching the backup specifications files (mine are in /etc/opt/omni/server/datalists and the subidrectories of /etc/opt/omni/server/barlists) is possible. I tend to use it when I can't find the appropriate CLI tool or when the correct CLI tool is too cumbersome or slow. A word of warning: parsing barlists is tedious and therefore error prone and should therefore be avoided.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.