UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Lotus Notes Integration Restore Issue

We face this weired issue in restoring Lotus Notes Integration files(.nsf)after upgardingto HPDP7. 

1. Choosing the Lotus Notes server from which we need restore.

2. Expand Database -> Expand Storage Database-> Choose the required file for restore.

3. Under the options tab choose the backup version.

Here is where issue happens, as soon as I choose the backup date/version I get a pop message "your selection in the backup source has been cleared and the objects are re-loaded". After this message we have go through the above steps once again(basically selecting the file once again from scratch).

And if we have restore a different backup version of the same file, we have to press the clear button under the "options" tab and again whole process we have to go through. This was not the case before.

When I raised a case with HP they said this its degisned, I doubt that. Why in a upgraded version HP will make things completed which was a cake walk earlier.

Is there anything that can be done to overcome this restore issue.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Unless you changed something else, besides the Data Protector version, this is not working as expected. While the issue is not exactly the same I found a nasty issue with Domino restores on DP A.08.10 and A.09.00 which is not fixed with the most recent patches. You need to request the test module QCCR2A56249 for your version. This solves issues with object version selection mechnism inside libfacade. Might be the reason why the GUI brings up that kind of error.

Regards,

Sebastian

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.