Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

MS EXCHANGE SERVER 2010 Intregration using DAG

I'm running HPE Data Protector v9.09 on a Windows 2008 R2 as Cell Manager.

I have a 5 node MS Exchange 2010 Email cluster with a DAG (virtual).  Nodes running Win 2008 R2.

Not sure when this changed but about a year ago I was able to select individual MS Exchange DBs when setting up a new email backup.  I may have been running DP v9.06 back then but I noticed that on DP v9.09 I don't get the option to select just a few MS exchange DBs.  It's entire DAG or nothing.   

Does anyone have a clue or suggestions how I can just select individual MS Exchange DBs?

Thanks in advance for any feedback / solutions / suggestions.

Thanks,

MO.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello MO, 

I have checked my lab and I am able to list the dag and the individual nodes in the first steps of the wizard. 

Please take a screenshot of the GUI when you try to create a new backup to see what list. 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Looking at your issue, I would recommend that you log a SW DP case so that the next available DP support engineer can do a more in-depth investigation.

DP 9.09 - I dont see it causing such problem. Good that you have the latest biniaries but same as above, this needs to be checked further.

It was working before / nothing has changed - when I am working with such DP / Exchange (DAG) issue, I would also need to query the nodes - run some selected Exchange cmdlet.

Another troubleshooting option would be to get a DP DEBUG trace - to get details on what is happening on each steps when query the Exchange DB in your DP GUI.

And so better you log a SW DP case.

Hope this helps

Rgds,

Sherman

DP Support

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Sherman,

I did opened a case with DP about this issue.  We ran MS Exchange 2010 backup creation in debug mode and I have uploaded the debug log.  I'm waiting for a resolution from HP.

Thanks,

MO.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.