UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

MTWEOFI support for linux

Jump to solution

Hi,

can you tell me if MTWEOFI support is available for RHEL Linux, which version of Data Protector will introduce this feature, and how it can be enabled ?

There is a document QCCR2A50183 listed in software support portal, but unfortunately this document does not give an clear answer to my questions.

Thanks,

Daniel.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi Daniel,

CPE QCCR2A62199 created from QCIM2A61490 was closed with "Closed - No Change" because R&D reimplemented and released this fix with DP 9.04 release.

Regards,

Janez

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi Daniel,

Per https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR2A50183

We support this in DP9.0.
This is set by default and it can be disabled by omnirc OB2IMMEDFM=0. Since the imediate return after FM is now enabled for all Linux version, you may need to run this kind of test on an older supported Linux.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well, I do not completly agree with that information, because in some older versions of 9.0x an additional lab fix (QCIM2A61490) was needed to get this feature working.

So I think that not all versions of 9.0x are using this as default.

Could you please clarify in which patchset (9.03, 9.04, 9.05) this feature is activated by default ?

And also if lab fix QCIM2A61490 is included in 9.04 or 9.05 ?

Thanks,

Daniel.

0 Likes

Hi Daniel,

You are right.
For QCIM2A61490, the DP903 with RedHat6.5 needs the LAB fix and OB2IMMEDFM=1 in the omnirc

You may need to open a support case so that we could get an official statement from the LAB.

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi Daniel,

CPE QCCR2A62199 created from QCIM2A61490 was closed with "Closed - No Change" because R&D reimplemented and released this fix with DP 9.04 release.

Regards,

Janez

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.