Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
coiter Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Move DP 8.10 to new Install same server question

My backup server needs to be reinstalled.

it will have the same name, same ip and same structure/os.

i managed to save a copy of the old omniback folder on the old backup server.

What is the steps to setup this new server with the same config as the old one?

can i copy the omniback folder back to same location and just install over it?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Clark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Move DP 8.10 to new Install same server question

The question is which 'Omniback' folder did you save?

- The Config -> Server folder that has all the Backup specifications, the userlists, cell_information, licensing, all kinds of other good stuff

-  The Server -> db80 which contains your Internal Database

Under NO circumstances should you put whatever you saved in place first, then install.  Do your Installation, make sure that the base DP is running, stop it, rename teh existing 'omniback' folder, and put the saved one in its place

What would be ideal is if you had backed up the IDB onto tape before all this started

0 Likes
coiter Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I managed to copy the entire omniback folder that included all of it.

i had no options to do anything beforehand, due to the server been faulty with dead services and other that prevented me from doing anything.

I did a complete reinstall, and have copied config files and others back now, and it seems to be working, but have a problem with the D2D tape drives. that has failures.

The d2d box is connected through FC

[Major] From: MMA@ "HP:Ultrium VT_1_FIL1" Time: 03.07.2014 09:18:21
[90:182] Cannot forward segment. (Details unknown.)

[Major] From: MMA@ "HP:Ultrium VT_1_FIL1" Time: 03.07.2014 09:18:21
[90:53] Tape2147483646:0:0:0C
Cannot seek to requested position (Details unknown.)

0 Likes
Bob_Clark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is probably not a DP problem, these are IO errors that, in the case of a tape drive, would indicate some kind of hardware problem.  The 'Details Unknown'  part of the error usually indicate a driver problem of some kind

If possible, try doing a reboot of your VTL device, this has at least an even chance of fixing the problem

You don't say what the OS-type is on the media agent, but if it is UNIX-based, you can load a scratch media into a drive, and see if you can 'tar' to it.  It is not possible to do thsi with a Windows-based media agent

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.