Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.. srossells
Frequent Visitor..

Multiple media pools for backup

Hi there,

I'm trying to set a filesystem backup that uses 2 media pools, 1st for full backups (weekend) and 2nd for incremental backups (daily).

I've been looking around in the app and manual but I cannot find a way to do this.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
2 Replies
antaln Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Multiple media pools for backup

Pool can be configured per backup specification (in devices tab, click on selected device and click "Properties" button, and there should be a "Media pool" drop-down). But this cannot be configured per scheduled instance, so you will have to create two backup specifications, one for full and one for incremental, and select a different media pool in each spec.

If that is too restrictive, contact support to issue an enhancement request.

Frequent Visitor.. srossells
Frequent Visitor..

Re: Multiple media pools for backup

"two backup specifications, one for full and one for incremental, and select a different media pool in each spec."

That is working as expected. At first, I thought that the spec with the full backup would have to be the same for creating the incrementals.

Thank you very much. Sorry for the long time.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.