Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
fisherla Contributor.
Contributor.

Need Data Protector 9.09 Free and OpenSource dependancies

I need to find the location in either the file system or the documentation that identifies the Free and Open Source components of the Data Protector product, as well as what copyright agreement (i.e. GPL, Apache, etc) are in use for the overall Data Protector software environment. 

I have spent most of the afternoon attempting to find this by scanning through a Data Protector cell manager's directories, as well as by looking through the documentation.

Any help on identifying the specific components would be helpful.

Tags (4)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Need Data Protector 9.09 Free and OpenSource dependancies

Hello @fisherla

You can go to Program Files\Omniback\Docs\ or /opt/omni/doc/C on your CM. 

There you can find a file named OpenSourceThirdPartyLicenses_DP.pdf

I think that is what you need. 

In case those files are not there, is possible that you do not have the component of the documentation. So you just need to install it and the files will appear. 

Regards,

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi @fisherla,

The Data Protector Windows Media Kit contains a OpenSources directory. You find all used open source components inside.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi @fisherla,

Have you found what you have been looking for? I would guess you're asking because of Oracle Java? If this is a concern Data Protector A.10.30 is now using OpenJDK.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.