ErikK Contributor.
Contributor.

Need to backup Debian 6 physical server from DP 10.10 Cell

We need to establish backup of a Linux Debian 6 physical server. Cell is DP 10.10. How do we install the software on the Debian box?

The message from the Linux installation server is: "RPM Package Manager is not installed or configured properly", which probably is correct - as far as I have been able to tell RPM is not supported on Debian 6.

What can I do to work around this problem?

Thank you in advance,

Erik

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Need to backup Debian 6 physical server from DP 10.10 Cell

Hello @ErikK,

You need to install xinetd and rpm to the Debian box first. Then try remote push. If it fails you can perform a local installation. If you need the steps, let me know.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
ErikK Contributor.
Contributor.

Thank you.
I did try to install RPM, but was not allowed to do so. Is RPM at all possible to install in Debian 6?

Erik

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @ErikK,

You could also convert the rpm to deb, but this would not give you remote upgrade capabilities. So you should do the following on the Debian box first.

apt-get install rpm xinetd

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @ErikK,

@ErikK wrote:

I did try to install RPM, but was not allowed to do so.

Not sure what you mean, but most likely there are no repositories for Debian 6 anymore (where you can download the packages) because it is pretty old and even long term support ended on February 29, 2016.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @ErikK

Not sure if this will work. Debian 6 is not supported in DP 10.10, only Debian 7.x and Debian 9. 

https://docs.microfocus.com/DP/SupportMatrix/10.10/Platform_Integrtn_SptMtx_DP10.x.pdf

But anyway, as mentioned for @Sebastian.Koehler, you need the xinetd and rpm to install DP on that server. 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.