Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

New DPTIPS: Critical Update for DP 9 .04 Users

DPTIPS: Critical Update for DP 9 .04 Users

http://community.hpe.com/t5/Technical-Support-Services/DPTIPS-Critical-Update-for-DP-9-04-Users/ba-p/6813680

-----
Was this information helpful? If so, please like and give kudos. Thanks!
3 Replies
Commodore
Commodore

Why do we need to raise a support call if this affects all 9.04 users?

Wont this just be released as a patch and downloaded from the normal area?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

For the same reason you take your car in for a safety recall even though you're scheduled for an oil change six months from now..  Media records are being aged out of the MMDB without the corresponding CDB records being also aged out.  That creates an out-of-sync condition in the IDB.  This is not a scenario you want.  Even if a code fix is in 9.05 to halt the asymmetric deletions, I'm not sure it will include repairing the irregularities already created while the IDB was at 9.04.  All 9.04 users should take advantage of their paid support and open a case immediately to address this defect.

-----
Was this information helpful? If so, please like and give kudos. Thanks!
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

I understand the importance of the issue you are highlighting I'm just saying that the patch delivery method should be a bit more straight forward if it's so critical, raising a support call for this just seem pointless if a link could just be distributed.

Anyway many thanks for the heads up, raising support call now.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.