Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Highlighted
Absent Member.. BackupDude Absent Member..
Absent Member..

New omnidbutil command options not visible after upgrading DP

Hello,

I upgraded our DP cell server to DP 7.03 IB 107 as requested in this article:

https://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04636829&lang=en-uk&cc=uk

I want to use the new omnidbutil -set_idb_password command as described here:

http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=326828&docId=emr_na-c04702422&lang=en-uk&cc=uk&docLocale=en_US

However the new command option is not visible for me when I run omnidbutil help and running it takes me back to the help page. It looks like the new option was not enabled.

Cell server - Win 2008R2

Patches are visible:

Patch level Patch description
===========================================
DPWIN_00790 Core Component
DPWIN_00791 Cell Manager Component
DPWIN_00792 Disk Agent
DPWIN_00793 Media Agent
DPWIN_00794 User Interface
DPWIN_00645(BDL703) English Documentation (Guides, Help)
Number of patches found: 6.

Any suggestion is welcome. 

Not all clients are patched yet.

Thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: New omnidbutil command options not visible after upgrading DP

what's the exact synthax you are using and omnidbutil version (omnidbutil -version) ? 

0 Likes
jruffer Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I was recently instructed by HP Support to back out the Build 107 patches because there are so many problems with it.

My immediate problem at the time was trying to omndbutil -readdb.

Since I backed out the patches system performance has been much better.

HTH

Jeremy

0 Likes
BackupDude1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

>omnidbutil -version
HP Data Protector A.07.00: OMNIDBUTIL, internal build 107, built on 31. maaliskuuta 2015, 11:08

I am trying to run the "omnidbutil -set_idb_password" command and descriebed in the links in my original post. It is not listed when I run the "-help" option and directly writing it just brings back the "-help" output (wrong syntax).

Thanks again!

0 Likes
BackupDude1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the reply Jeremy. It is a bit weird that on the official website there is this "NOTICE: The information in this Security Bulletin should be acted upon as soon as possible." but they recommend to the customers to not do it. I will try to contact HP support directly before I move on with patching other environments.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.