Absent Member.
Absent Member.

New patches messing up IDB?

I just installed the new set of December patches for DP 6.11 Windows yesterday (fortunately on a test cell!) and now I"m having a number of issues.

1. RDS appears to be stopping for no reason.
2. omnidbcheck -quick shows OK.
3. ombidbcheck -extended still running - awaiting results.
4. In DEBUG.LOG, I'm getting the following message:
12/28/2010 3:15:49 PM OMNISV.4880.4588 ["/lib/cmn/win32exe.c $Rev: 12956 $ $Date:: 2010-09-10 13:37:45":719] A.06.11 bDPWIN_00476
Process already exited ? with value 0x00000000!
[dcbf_mediumFile_create] all DCBF directories are disabled: noSpace=0, noFiles=1, maxUsed=0

Did I manage to trip across a bug in the 476 patch or something?
0 Likes
19 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

WOW...
omnidbcheck -extended:
OK until OMNIDC(consistency) - 9932 errors detected.

Looks like I'm going back to an old copy of the DB I made yesterday.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I knew there was a reason I made a backup copy. Now the question is was it the patches or something else I did... called self-inflicted...
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Ken,

I Installed these patches quite a few times now and never ended up with a messed up DB. Just to let you know...
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

I've installed these new patches and not seen a problem.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well, it might have been self-inflicted... but be doggone careful if you've installed the DPWIN_00490 patch - aka VEPA. I just got off the phone with support and had to reinstall DPWIN_00475, 476, and 477 to get all the components back up to snuff.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Matter of fact, the guy I worked with is hoping HP pulls that DPWIN_00490 patch. I'm not the first one to have seen this bugger mess up a DB.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Okay... sorry I never installed thie 490 patch... I heard there were problems with this one.. and the need for this patch (VMware) was not an issue.. just to let you know...
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Henry, no biggie... one of those situations where I did several things at once and had to figure out which one screwed me up. At least it was a development cell, not production - called exactly why I have it!
0 Likes
Absent Member..

I ran into the same problems.
What I got was a rds.exe consuming 50% CPU and thousands of 3kb files in my dcbf directories.
Are you sure, that it was a problem with VEPA integration?
BTW: I had to rollback prior Patch 475 to get my backup up and running.
HP case opened. No response sofar, usable response, that is.

Thomas
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I was instructed to reinstall 475, 476, and 477, and delete all those lousy 3 KB files.

Turns out my problem was that there were too many files in the DCBF folder. All those little 3 KB'ers...
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

And yes, Grooper, the tech I talked to (as I said in my above posts) definitely pointed to the 490 patch as the source of this flakiness and said I wasn't the first one to have seen it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.