Absent Member.
Absent Member.

New patches messing up IDB?

I just installed the new set of December patches for DP 6.11 Windows yesterday (fortunately on a test cell!) and now I"m having a number of issues.

1. RDS appears to be stopping for no reason.
2. omnidbcheck -quick shows OK.
3. ombidbcheck -extended still running - awaiting results.
4. In DEBUG.LOG, I'm getting the following message:
12/28/2010 3:15:49 PM OMNISV.4880.4588 ["/lib/cmn/win32exe.c $Rev: 12956 $ $Date:: 2010-09-10 13:37:45":719] A.06.11 bDPWIN_00476
Process already exited ? with value 0x00000000!
[dcbf_mediumFile_create] all DCBF directories are disabled: noSpace=0, noFiles=1, maxUsed=0

Did I manage to trip across a bug in the 476 patch or something?
0 Likes
19 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Ken,

thanks for your anwer. So I can go and install the December patches again.
BTW: How did you get rid of all those files?
Deleting them REALLY messed up my IDB.

Thomas
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm still going back and forth with HP support on this myself. Right now I'm unable to add more data to the DCBF.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Grooper

Did you already have a usefull answer from HP support?
I also started a case with the same problem the 20th of january, but nobody could help me since then.
It's gotten into a very high priority for us now because a customer is in need of a restore very urgent.

Do you know how to solve this in a quick way?
I don't care if I need to reimport and reprotect all of my sessions, but I really need to restore something.
The only thing I don't want to lose is my backed up data (doh) and my backupjob configurations.
I already pointed this out to HP support, but they keep asking me to do some checkups I already sent them etc. This is getting nowhere.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

I've exactly the same issue, did you find a solution to write into dcbf ?

Please help...

regards.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'd like to see someone from HP post a definitive answer here, personally. What I was walked through was stopping DP, blowing away all those stupid little files, and reinstalling 475, 476, and 477. I got errors for a few days after, but things have settled down now. The only thing I'm stuck with now is a dcbf directory I can't remove from the console. It's living, and my cell is a dev one, but I'm wondering what this might do to the 6.2 upgrade if and when that happens.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I suggest everyone who has this issue opening a support case at HP.
It took a lot of effort, but in the end we were be able to repair our collection database.
My excuses, but I can't put the steps we executed here, since a lot of steps were executed during desktop sharing and I didn't write everything down.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've opened a case. I've done those septs yesterday :
1. Reinstall all last DP patches : DPWIN_00475 Core Component
DPWIN_00476 Cell Manager Component
DPWIN_00481 Disk Agent
DPWIN_00477 User Interface
2. Create a new DCBF folder with GUI
3. Stop data protector "omnisv stop"
4. Move all files *.dat in old DCBF folder to new folder
5. Start data protector with "omnisv start"
6. run "omnidbutil -remap_dcdir"

Last night backup had no error. But I've to wait Week end backup to be happy.

Regards.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I forgot this information to repair the database :
1. omnidbcheck -dc
2. with media on error do this :
omnimm -media_info xxxxxxxx:xxxxxxxx:xxxx:xxxx
omnimm -recycle xxxxxxxx:xxxxxxxx:xxxx:xxxx
omnimm -export xxxxxxxx:xxxxxxxx:xxxx:xxxx
omnidbutil -fixmpos

hope this help
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.