Timothy Goff Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OB3.10 and Novell 4.11

I need to run a pre-exec and post-exec command on my Novell machine. Our cell server is UNIX. When under the "For backup specifications..." how do I enter the Novell script to run. Also, how does the Novell script have to be setup on the Novell server.
miami1993
0 Likes
2 Replies
Timothy Goff Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OB3.10 and Novell 4.11

My mistake. I actually found a line in the manual about this. Can't be done. Thanks anyway.
miami1993
0 Likes
Highlighted
Anthony Gooneti Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OB3.10 and Novell 4.11

Ahh but alas there is a work around...
If you install a freely available remsh version on the Novel server you can kick of the omniback prexec script to run on unix and remsh and execute on the Novel server. An easier way to do this is via crontab. i.e you can execute the prexec script via cron set a flag for OBII to start once its finished have another cron script that kicks off the postexec.
Minimum effort maximum output!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.