Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OCFS FileSystem backup using Data Protector

Jump to solution
Hi,

According to documentations from HP Data Protector 5.50 or 6.0 there is no OCFS supported filesystem backup using basic disk agents.

Is there is any plan from HP, that they will maybe soon, or ever, support backup of data on OCFS or OCFS2 filesystems using the basic disk agent?

Thanks,
Tomislav
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
Hello Tomislav,

try the following:

Enable ocfs in /lbin/.util .

This file maybe in /usr/omni/bin. Adding in '-t ocfs' to the file.

After this you can take a backup of ocfs Filesystem.

Verify this .util file after every Patch update.

Thomas

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
Hello Tomislav,

try the following:

Enable ocfs in /lbin/.util .

This file maybe in /usr/omni/bin. Adding in '-t ocfs' to the file.

After this you can take a backup of ocfs Filesystem.

Verify this .util file after every Patch update.

Thomas

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

should this be done on client and on cell manager?

because client is on linux and I add that entry, and on cell manager (windows 2000) I can't find that file.

but I still can't see those ocfs filesystems...

Thanks,
Tomislav
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
sorry,,, Yes I can see it,.. it is ocfs2... thanks...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

In doc: "DP 6.0 Platform & Integration Support Matrices" DP support OCFS2 filesystem.

But in "DP 5.50 Platform & Integration Support Matrices", there is no support for OCFS2 file system.

Is there any hope that HP will support OCFS2 with DP 5.50?

Or maybe, can Cell Manager 5.50 backup up files, on server where is Disk Agent from DP 6.0 and filesystem OCFS2.

Thanks,
Tomislav
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
5.5 enhancement is effectively dead at this point, IMO. Was suppose to go off support entirely in 2.5 months. Though support is now extended a year, I figure you can expect that to be pretty much only break/fix.

Thanks,
Scott
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
and what about combination that Cell Manager is 5.50, and client with OCFS2 have Disk Agent from DP 6.0?

Thanks,
Tom
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
it looks that it is supported with DP 6.0
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.