Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
dcampregher Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

OMNIOFFR

Hello,

I need restore and IDB from DP 9.06  but I don't have the obrindex.dat file. So::

1) I do the reinstall off the server   and already added and imported the tape that contains the backup:

omnib2dinfo -list_objects -b2ddevice B2D_IDB
15c3c9a7_577164ea_01ac_0017 23-05-2016 10:39:54 23-05-2016 10:39:54 84522 kB

omnimm -add_slots B2D_IDB 15c3c9a7_577164ea_01ac_0017

omnimm -import B2D_IDB_gw1 -slot 15c3c9a7_577164ea_01ac_0017

I can see the  backup session in the IDB of the ew server: 2016/05/23-7

How can i restore de IDB with OFF Line restore with this informations ?

-----------
Please assign Kudos
0 Likes
3 Replies
Pablo_M_DP
New Member.

Re: OMNIOFFR

If you dont have an obrindex there is no way to restore using the omniffr.

You should consider to perform a normal restore to another location.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. KloppYNWA69 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

best to reinstall DP, import the latest IDB media then restore from that...

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello dcampregher,

Just a short one - checking with you if the replies you got is good/useful, and it has helped you.

If yes, may I ask if you can click on the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION, so this can be shared.

Thanks

Looking at your question - if I may comment.

If you dont have the obrindex.dat file, then you will need to run omniofflr in manual mode - but do ensure you have info on the backup.

>>>>>
omniofflr — enables restore of any type of Data Protector backup objects in the absence of operable Data Protector Internal Database (IDB), including the IDB itself
(this command is available on systems with any Data Protector component installed)

For restoring the IDB, omniofflr can operate in three modes: autorecovery mode, read mode, and manual mode.

AUTORECOVERY MODE
In this mode, the omniofflr operation is fully automated. The command retrieves all required IDB restore parameters from the IDB recovery file named obrindex.dat, residing on the Cell Manager in the rlog directory on the IDB recovery files location.

READ MODE
You can use this mode to direct omniofflr to obtain the parameters from the file OptionFile that has been created either manually or using the omniofflr options -idb -autorecover -save.

MANUAL MODE
You can use this mode when neither the obrindex.dat file nor the file OptionFile are available, and you need to manually specify all required parameters in the omniofflr command line.
<<<<

For this line :

- I can see the backup session in the IDB of the ew server: 2016/05/23-7

I would first query the IDB and get the catalog info to make sure this is the completed/full IDB backup.

omnidb -sess <IDB backup SESS_ID> -media

=> identify the backup media ID or label

Run these commands to get more details :

omnimm -list_media [mediumID or label] -detail

omnimm -media_info [mediumID or label] -detail

omnimm -check_protection [mediumID or label]

omnimm -catalog [mediumID or label]

Once confirmed then you can do IDB restore using DP GUI to another directory - just make sure you dont overwrite the existing one.

Hope this helps

Rgds,

Sherman (HPE DP Support)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.