Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

One free pool for several tape libraries?

Jump to solution
Hi,

I use free pool concept for my tape library. Now I add one more library using the same media type.

Question. Can DP5.5 handle the same free pool for different libraries, i.e. will Omniback seek for a free pool tape that is located in the correct library?

Thanks and points in advance!

BR,
Mihails
KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

I am not sure about DP 5.5 but in previous releases, there was only one Free Pool for each media type so all librarys must use the same Free Pool.

DP uses the Free Pool medias, located in the library before requsting for a media outside the library.

We have a such configuration in our enviroment (two librarys using the same media pool).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

I am not sure about DP 5.5 but in previous releases, there was only one Free Pool for each media type so all librarys must use the same Free Pool.

DP uses the Free Pool medias, located in the library before requsting for a media outside the library.

We have a such configuration in our enviroment (two librarys using the same media pool).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Mihails,
DP55 use only one free pool for same media type. It use free media from appropriate library. In DP6 you will can use more free pools.
Frantisek
If anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.