enriquerocha Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Oracle Database backup - Cannot start program /opt/omni/lbin/ob2rman.pl

Hi guys,

There is a problem when I try to start an oracle database backup from my Data Protector v 7.03, It shows me the following error

[Critical] From: INET@exadb01.entelsn.local "" Time: 24/08/2016 08:00:02 a.m.
[70:15] Cannot start program '/opt/omni/lbin/ob2rman.pl' ([4] Interrupted system call) => aborting

The INET agent is unable to execute the requested agent. The error
message indicates the reason as reported by the OS. The program exists but
it cannot be executed.

- I verified that the Data Protector product is installed correctly on the host.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Oracle Database backup - Cannot start program /opt/omni/lbin/ob2rman.pl

Please perform a push upgrade to this client. This will make sure all components are properly installed. Verify the file /opt/omni/lbin/ob2rman.pl exists on the client and check rpm -qa | grep OB2 if the Oracle package is installed.

Please use the Accept Solution button next to my post and assign a KUDO (thumbs up icon) if this works for you.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
MrRobot Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

i have the same problem.i checked everything that you'd said.Everything is ok

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Please share ls -la /opt/omni/lbin/ob2rman.pl output with us.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

Please use the Accept Solution button next to my post and assign a KUDO (thumbs up icon) if this works for you.

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
hemaarun Contributor.
Contributor.

# ls -al /opt/omni/lbin/ob2rman.pl
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root root 134724 Oct 12 2016 /opt/omni/lbin/ob2rman.pl

We are facing same issue

0 Likes
hemaarun Contributor.
Contributor.

I found a solution. This particular file (/opt/omni/lbin/ob2rman.pl) is using the library file /lib/ld-linux.so.2 while executing. This library is provided by glibc 32 bit rpm package. Install glibc 32 bit and the error will go away.

But if HpeDp agent is installed with 64 bit, then why is it going for a 32 bit package with installation?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.