Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
headquaker Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Oracle backup failed at 97%

Hello,

DP: 6.20

Oracle:10g

Server: 2008R2

We have a strange issue.

Since some days, our Oracle backup SOMETIMES failes à 97%. It could be 2 times OK and on fail or 1 time OK and 1 fail...

There is nothing linear. The server is uptodate and the agents too.

The error is: 

Aborting connection to BSM. Abort code -2

NOTA: the issue appears after no change from us.

Could you help me please?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: Oracle backup failed at 97%

I'd be happy that anytime I ask something here, I will get something else that no answer :)

0 Likes
ranjithpk Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Please try this:

Configuring the integration
Prerequisites
===
- Starting with Oracle 12c, Oracle Database on Microsoft Windows supports the use of an Oracle
Home User, specified at the time of installation. This Oracle Home User is used to run the
Windows services for a Oracle home, and is similar to the oracle user on Oracle Database on
Linux.

For Oracle 12c database backups and restores, if the Oracle integration agent and Media agent
are run on the same Windows host, then to avoid shared memory allocation issues Oracle Home
user should be added to the Windows Backup Operator group.

For more information, see the Oracle documentation.
Regards,
Ranjith
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi,

Thanks for you message but it works since 4 years like that so our settings are good.

I just need to know why it could suddenly started to fail randomly: network ? switch ? Something on the DP server ?...

And what is the meaning of the message.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

?????

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.