Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Oracle restore

I have been requested to perform an oracle database restore which I have not done till today.

Server is HP-UX.And my backup server is Windows 2003.

Please advice
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There are two ways to it.

1. if you have data protector 6 and above i think it works through the gui nice and neat, just follow the restore page and from there you should find how to do it.

2. throught the command line... but you have to know your way through rman scriptology.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Manipal,

I m not aware abt ur setup. but u can easily do through dp GUI. selecting source and destination.
now the logical way is how to restore it

1) if u r taking full backup of DB then first resore it.
2) then resore the all redolog before the DB crash
=========================================
second thing it depends upon in which scenario u r going to restore the DB. suppose u r devlopment team is telling resore the DB backup which is happen on 8 september then no need to apply redolog. simply restore the backup selcting source and destnation.

Regards,
Prashant

For success, attitude is equally as important as ability
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you Assaf and Prashant.

I just tried to restore.I am not sure if I am right.When I select the server in the "Oracle" restore option,I could see many mount points.

I then selected one of the mount point which has the database name which I wanted to restore.I got the following error

"Binary util_orarest is missing. Cannot get information from the remote host."

any idea..?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are using DP6.0

The server has a Database which the DBAs think that if the server is rebooted the DB might get corrupt.Hence they want to restore the DB.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.