UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Probelm with Oracle Integration on 6.10

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have a case open with HP, but im trying my luck here too, maybe someone came accross this issue:

I have Data Protector 6.10 Cell server fully patched upgraded from 5.50.

I backup for the most parts Unix/Linux Filesystems and Oracle integrations.

For some of the Oracle backups i encounter a problem when i try to check the backup specifications via the gui i get a message 12:1005 Object not found or access denied.

If i try to recreate the integration via the GUI i get an error message 12:8022 The configuration check failed.
and in the description i get Object not found or access denied.

If i try to configure the integration from the client with util_oracle8.pl i get *RETVAL*0 but the integration files are not created in the cell server integ directory.

I have no errors or any clue even in the debug logs, so i have no idea what might be the way to solve this issue.

Any ideas?
0 Likes
11 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

When the files are not created some times the problem is DP admin acces on those host, so verify that you have a root account with DP admin access on the oracle/unix machines, you can start having a root acoount with admin,any,any access....
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I already checked it, i do have a root access with any any... so i dont think this is the case.

Regards,

Assaf
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

and wich is the ouput of:
util_oracle8.pl -CHKCONF -dbname
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

*RETVAL*1005
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I know this issue on DP6.1.

You must add super user of the client to cell manager. The user/group should be "root/root" instead of "root/sys".

On DP6.0, "root/sys" works fine. But unfortunately "root/sys" will report permission denied in debug file.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nope, thats not seem to be the case.
I have in under the admin group root with group and machine .

But even so i tried what you mentioned, i placed another definition for root with group root and machine but i got the same results.

Also there`s no mentionning in the debug.logs anywhere that there`s permission problem...
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

*RETVAL*1005 means: Object not found or access denied.

The user used in the oracle connection string must be part of the DP admin or DP Operator, verify this too.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In the oracle connection string i use sys as the user that log into the database, this is the first time ever i heard that this user needs to be in the data protector user list, also i have numerous other systems that do work without having sys in the user list and this is not the solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well, thanks to HP i found the solution.
we have a customized glogin.sql under $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin, this causes the responses and prompts not to come back as the data protector scripts expects it, thus data protector cant analyze what are the right parameters of the database are etc...

so boys and girls, make sure your glogin.sql is not customized if you have such a problem.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Closing this case! 😉
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi,

i'm facing exactly the same issue...

any idea on how to fix this??

i have tried to use CLI in the HP-UX oracle server.
Command:
./util_oracle8.pl -config -dbname wdmrp6 -orahome /oracle10g/app/oracle/product/10.2.0.3 -prmuser rman -prmpasswd rman -prmservice wdmrp6 -rcuser rman -rcpasswd rman -rcservice rcatdbp6
Output: RETVAL*0

however, when i run this command:-
util_oracle8.pl -CHKCONF -dbname WDMRP6
Output is : RETVAL*1005

from the GUI, i got the error below:-
12:8022 object not found or access denied
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.