Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Problems with IDB

Hi

I`ve installed Data Protector 9.08_113 in all my clients (windows 2008 R2) and work fine. But my problem is with IDB backups

When I excute an incremental backup from IDB I only see one error: "Timeout for archiving proces of current redo log has been reached. Use omnirc variable OB2IDBARCHTIMEOUT to increase timeout value" and I don't see that variable in any place

When I try to execute a full backup from IDB the process run correctly, but never finish. The process starts, check IDB, mount a slot, make jobs, verify header, dismount slot, and write a correct message, but never inform thar the session is finish and is in process permanently

Any solution?

Thanks a lot

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Problems with IDB

Hi Aortmal,

Try cleaning Data Protector tmp directory. Also check internal database for any errors with omnidbcheck.

Kind regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

DP-4.JPGDP-3.JPGDP-2.JPGDP-1.JPG

Hi Adriano

thank you for your answer, but it doesn't solve my problem.

I attach new images from my Cell Manager where you can see all steps

IDB job never finishs

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hm, funny, after DatabaseFiles:* objects, there should be backup of DatabaseLogs, DCBFs, SMBFs, DPSPECs and configuration. Do you see these objects in the object pane above the session output (possibly in PENDING state)?

If not, something is stopping the IDB agent from sending new object requests. Does anything show up in debug.log around the same time when session is running?

Is the session abortable?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi.

I attach new image where you can see that IDB objects finish perfectly, and then Unmount medium, but the job is running forever. I can't abort because this action block the system

Debug.log file haven't got recently information

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I can't abort because this action block the system

What do you mean by this? You mean, you press abort and nothing happens?

BSM should at least acknowledge the reception of the abort request by reporting "Abort request received by user@...". If this is not shown, it would mean that BSM is blocked. Maybe something went wrong when taking IDB out of backup mode - BSM may be blocking trying to perform IDB transactions. Check postgresql log files in <omnidata>/server/db80/pg/pg_log around the time of the session for any clues.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

I mean, that when I select Abort Session, then

Are you sure you want to abort the session? -> YES

In the panel:

"From BSM@********************** "COMPLETE_IDB" Time 17/8/2017 11:04:59"

"Session abort request received by user ********************************"

But then, nothing happens. The session continues In Progress

postgresql-2017-08-17:

LOG: archiver process (PID 6804) exited with exit code 1

FATAL: archive command was terminated by exception 0xFFFFFFFF

DETAIL: The failed archive command was: copy "pg_xlog\00000001000000000000000DA" "D:\ProgramData/OmniBack/server/db80/pg/pg_xlog_archive/00000001000000000000000DA"

HINT: See C include file "ntstatus.h" for a description of the hexadecimal value

MORE HINTS:

All described previously was with a Full Backup. But when I try to make a Incremental Backup the error was other:

"[Critical] From: OB2BAR_POSTGRES_BAR@********************** "DPIDB" Time: **********

Timeout for archiving proces of current redo log has been reached. Use omnirc variable OB2IDBARCHTIMEOUT to increase timeout value"

None of the Disk Agent completed successfully"

I don´t find that variable

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Okay, so BSM is not hanging in itself. That means the postgres_bar is hanging somewhere.

This postgres error could be key. Session output shows data objects have finished backing up, but we never get a prompt that database has exited the backup mode. AFAIK, database will not leave backup mode until logs have been archived, and if archiver process fails (as it seems is the case according to postgres logs), then it's possible this hangs indefinitely. Do you have enough disk space on the cell server?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Yes. I've 135GB free

And the rest of jobs are successfully, only failed IDB

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

More steps, but the problem isn't solved.

I tried to reinstall the last patch, but Database update failed.

Is a good idea create a new IDB? How can I do that? It doesn't matter if I lose the sessions. My backups are in training mode until I solve this problem

Thanks

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Dear all,

Do you have any solution? I have exactly same issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @mtduran,
If possible, please open a new thread with your exact symptoms. Better to document and understand.
Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.