Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Received ABORT request from BSM (ERR: Error starting backup/restore

hello all

i get a problem to backup the sap , the full_backup is by zdb.But now,no matter full_backup or arch_backup, it's failed by the same error. i need some help

the message:

BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2012-12-13 18.02.49
BR0315I 'Alter database begin backup' successful

BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2012-12-13 18.02.49
BR0229I Calling backup utility with function 'backup'...
BR0278I Command output of 'backint -u PR01 -f backup -i /oracle/PR0/sapbackup/.bekcacyi.lst -t file -c':
[Normal] From: OB2BAR_BACKINT@dbpr01 "PR01" Time: 12/13/12 18:02:49
Backint is started with the following parameters backint -u PR01 -f backup -i /oracle/PR0/sapbackup/.bekcacyi.lst -t file -c.

[Normal] From: BMA@dbpr01 "HP:Ultrium 5-SCSI_1" Time: 12/13/12 6:02:50 PM
STARTING Media Agent "HP:Ultrium 5-SCSI_1"

[Major] From: OB2BAR_SAPBACK@dbpr01 "PR01" Time: 12/13/12 6:02:51 PM
Received ABORT request from BSM (ERR: Error starting backup/restore (BMA cannot be started or similar).)

[Critical] From: OB2BAR_SAPBACK@dbpr01 "PR01"  Time: 12/13/12 18:02:51  Failed to start backup of object PR01.-1. Error: Details unknown.  

Cannot create backup set "Catalog not loaded, message #7583 in set 11"

[Major] From: OB2BAR_SAPBACK@dbpr01 "PR01"  Time: 12/13/12 18:02:51     Aborting connection to BSM. Abort code -17.  

[Major] From: OB2BAR_SAPBACK@dbpr01 "PR01"  Time: 12/13/12 18:02:51

if u need more information or u can give some suggest , please tell me. thanks

Regards

Sugar

0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Are there any stuck processes? Try a omnidbutil -clear and try your backup gain.

Is the ZDB integration agent installed? Other ZDB backups work?

Do the above two first, if you cant get it start the backup then do an extended check on the database (do when no backups are running). omnidbcheck -extended. This can take about 4 hours for a 70GB IDB. There may be some corruption in the IDB. Post the output of this command.

Please assign kudos if you found my post helpful!
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

sorry,what's the meaning about "omnidbutil -clear",can i try this during any other backups running ?
Other ZDB backup is ok,just this backup get a problem after upgrade the sap
0 Likes
Absent Member..

In this case, I suspect the integration agent isnt the right one. Maybe deploy the ZDB integration agent again and re-try your backup. When you mean "upgraded the SAP", what exactly was upgraded? Redeploy the media agent too perhaps and check whether Data Protector has a compatible agent for the upgraded SAP.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

As i know they upgrade the kernel、 brtools. Any other question,i know the tape should be replace after 3 yeas ,Did it should be replace after using by 250 times ? thanks for ur support

0 Likes
Absent Member..

It's quite unlikely that a tape has been used 250 times. It's 250 FULL PASSES, not partial passes. Many backups are partial passes, meaning that the entire tape has not been written to. So the actual life of a tape is way more than 250. Tapes can be stored for 15-30 years, if in the right conditions.

I dont think the tape is bad, the problem seems to be with

1. The ZDB integration. The new SAP you have now is not compatible with the ZDB integration agent. Redploy the agent and retry backup.

2. There are other jobs running which are causing this job to not start. So if you go into the Monitor drop-down and there are no running sessions, open up a command window. Enter in omnidbutil -clear. if it says Done! , then retry your backup. If it says - Please close any Session Manager that are still open, then you need to go into the Task Manager on your Cell Manager and you need to right-click and end any bsm.exe and an dbsm.exe processes. Once you've done this, then try omnidbutil -clear again and if it says Done! retry your backup.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

see this, It may solve your HPDP issue.

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.