Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
MrRobot Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Received ABORT request from BSM

Hi everyone.

Do you know how to solve the problem with offline SAP backup.It receive abort request and fails. I get the error below :

BR0307I Shutting down database instance QAS ...

BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2018-02-23 20:01:21
BR0308I Shutdown of database instance QAS successful

BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2018-02-23 20:01:21
BR0229I Calling backup utility with function 'backup'...
BR0278I Command output of '/usr/sap/QAS/SYS/exe/run/backint -u QAS -f backup -i /oracle/QAS/sapbackup/.bexwxnnf.lst -t file -c':
[Normal] From: OB2BAR_BACKINT@socqas00 "QAS" Time: 02/23/18 20:01:22
Backint is started with the following parameters:
/usr/sap/QAS/SYS/exe/run/backint -u QAS -f backup -i /oracle/QAS/sapbackup/.bexwxnnf.lst -t file -c.

[Normal] From: BMA@socqas00 "Drive 1 LTO4" Time: 23.02.2018 20:01:24
STARTING Media Agent "Drive 1 LTO4"

[Major] From: OB2BAR_SAPBACK@socqas00 "QAS" Time: 23.02.2018 20:01:25
Received ABORT request from BSM (ERR: Error starting backup/restore (BMA cannot be started or similar).)

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Received ABORT request from BSM

Hi MrRobot,

the SAP part for this offline backup looks fine. Can you try to perform a regular file system backup using the same target device and Media Agent on socqas00? It seems there is a problem with the Media Agent. Please share version information of the client system using omnicheck -patches -host socqas00.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.