Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Regarding Data Protector license for On-line Extension for ONE UNIX system.

Hi,

I want to know we have total 15 HP-UX servers, do we will have to take 15 license for On-line Extension for ONE UNIX system. As currently we have 1 license for On-line Extension for ONE UNIX system.

But i am able to take all 15 HP-UX servers backup i.e. Database and Filesystem backups.

So my question is what it will make a differnece if we get 15 license for On-line Extension for ONE UNIX system as i am already able to take backups for all 15 servers?

License Category            : On-line Extension for ONE UNIX system
Licenses Installed          : 1
Licenses Used               : 1
Licenses Required           : 14

Thanks,

Narendra

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Do you run online backups on all 15 Servers?

If yes - you need 15 online extension, what changes is that you move to legal usage of the software, DP has no licence enforcement which blocks backups/restores due to missing licences.

From the quickspeccs: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11671_div/11671_div.pdf

Includes the license-to-use (LTU) to perform on-line backup of databases and applications running on the
specified platform. Required per server, it does not matter how many databases are running on the
system. Even if databases of different types are running on the same system, only one license is required.
As a general rule, every system responsible for storing application data to be protected in an online state
requires a Data Protector online backup LTU.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

U must be having 15 Online integrations. The total required number of licenses is equal to total number of integrations running on the Cell Manager. Also to add, with only one license you should be able to run only one online integrated backup. Parallel backups cant be triggered..  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

if you are able to run all 15 databases on one UX server (if it has enough performance) than you need only one license. You will save 14x approx. 5000€. In the environment of one of my customers we run up to 15 SAP instances on one HP-UX server.

Best regards

Daniel

-----------
Please assign Kudos - How to assign...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.