vicente_17 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Reports -Schedule a Backup Notification

Hi Everyone.
I have DP 5.5 Runing Cell Manager on Windows 2003 Server.

I configure under Reporting-->Reports-->Backup Notification--Schedule.
a new report that send me via ascii email all the backup jobs for the current day.

For the preview option it shows me what I am looking for, but never send the email.

My question is how I can configure DP to send every day the backup jobs shedule?

I enabled some notifications like end of backup, mount request, etc and it works perfect I am getting the emials for these events so the email engine on the server works fine.

Any idea how I can set my report daily and getting via email.

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Germann Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Reports -Schedule a Backup Notification

you must make a outlook express profile on your server then it will work
0 Likes
Herr Ing. RUEHR Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you collect all your Reports within a Report-Group and schedule the Report-Group (->Properties ->Schedule) to be executed on a daily basis?

Since you mentioned that Notification Emails are sent, i would assume that you did not schedule the Report-Group?

Regards
Manfred

0 Likes
vicente_17 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That was a good point.
I was not collect all reports on a report-grup, now I did I have all reports on a group and I scheduled to run.
I tried but I never got the email.

The send method was set as follow.

send method: external scrip/command
Script: D:\omniback\bin\sendmail.cmd -a

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.