Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Reports in DP.

Hi all,

Is it possible to create a report which shows me, for an example the successes and failures for the last 7 days of backups ?

Via using DP.?

Could you please advise me upon how to complete this task ?

Thx

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The list of sessions report (report on session) should do the job.

Regards,
Sebastian
---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Sebastian,

That does the task fine, however is there a way to extract the information example into a spreadsheet etc ?

I can see the information, however I'm unable to extract it.

Any tips, advice would be great...;-)

0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Hi James,

I usually select send method "Log" and log to a .txt file (type ASCII) then I copy & paste the log into excel using text-to-columns converter.

You can log straight to .csv but i think you'll still need to use excel text-to-columns to get this in the correct format.

regards,
jenni

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, please click on KUDOS!
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

jenni,

Thanks for updating this with your advice 

When you quote, usually select send method, are you talking about a feature, icon from within DP ?

I've search (hovered over all of the iconsand I can't see any such icon, from within the gui)

Sorry but Im new to this product.

Just for information I'm using DP V6.2

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello James,

If you navigate to the last page of the report creation, you will find the page with title "Specify the format and send method for the report"

There you can find the below Parameters:

Send Method:

Email Address:

Format:

Please find attached a screenshot of the same. If you want to know a step by step process to create a report, please let me know.

I usually select the send method as "Email(SMTP)", Enter my email address, and select the Format as HTML. 

Thanks,

Siva

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.