Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Reschedule of backups

Jump to solution

hello,

I was using DP9.09 and upgraded yesterday to 10.02. Upgrade was smooth.

But the issue I am facing is with the schedule of my backups, all my backups schedule has been migrated during upgrade but it has messed up everything and all the schedules have taken different schedules by itself.

I was using a customised backup schedule for all my backups where I have written scripts for each backup in the schedule file ProgramData/omniback.config/server/schedule. for example

Daily is ok having incremental daily

weekly was ruuning every friday except last friday of the month 

monthly was scheduled as to run only on the last friday of the month

Annual was scheduled to run only on the last friday of December.

But now after migration schedule has taken by itself dates overlapped other.

Is there any way I can go and edit this schedule in the file like earlier or how easily I can edit my schedule as per requirement. From Home page it's very slow and tiring to go each day and edit each schedule. I have more than 200 backup schedules.

Any help much appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello  Syedfurquan,

hmmmm... delete schedule files? No such option.

You have to open each backup specification and delete the "schedule" for that backup specification.

- Right-click the appropriate backup specification, and then click Edit Schedule. The View schedule page opens. All schedules available for the backup specification are visible in the right pane.

Hope this helps

rgds,

Sherman

DP Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello  Syedfurquan,

First comment/answer (which you may know already) - the schedules file are not (easily) available now and as such, you have to make changes using your new web-based Scheduler. Even before, it is NOT recommended to manually edit the files in schedules/barschedules directory.

Second, you can do create your daily/weekly/monthly/annual schedules for each or specific backup specification, and yes, you can avoid overlap.

You mentioned "200 backup schedules" - how many backup specifications are involved here? How many schedules fopr each backup specification.

The functionality is still the same - on how you want to do your backup. The only changes is the interface - where you configure it.

Hope this helps

Rgds,

Sherman

DP SUPPORT

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello Sherman,

Thanks for the reply. What I am trying to do now is delete my all schedule now and do it freshly. Is there any way I can delete all schedules in 1 shot?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello  Syedfurquan,

hmmmm... delete schedule files? No such option.

You have to open each backup specification and delete the "schedule" for that backup specification.

- Right-click the appropriate backup specification, and then click Edit Schedule. The View schedule page opens. All schedules available for the backup specification are visible in the right pane.

Hope this helps

rgds,

Sherman

DP Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.