Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Restore DataProtector 9 Oracle

Señores se tiene el DP 9 en uso y se esta generando FULL_Backup de bases de datos Oracle de forma mensual; Necesitamos realizar la RESTAURACION de la base de Datos Oracle en un host diferente, desde el GUI del data protector (desde las cintas); pero al elegir al servidor destino se pierden los objetos a restaurar.

Se tiene el servidor (host destino)con la misma version de oracle instalada y mismo nombre de instancia.

Podrian colaborarme indicandome los pasos y configuraciones que se debe realizar para poder realizar la restauracion de la base Oracle por favor....

0 Likes
10 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Tony,

I guess it would help if you post here in English to reach a broader audience. Anyway you're asking for Duplication of a Oracle Database to a new client system. Based on your description it looks like something goes wrong in the GUI when selecting the new client. Can you share screenshots?

In general I recommend that you check the Integration.pdf in the Docs folder. It contains a section Duplicating an Oracle database which should help you. Another option would be to use RMAN directly from the Oracle server. To be able to do this the new client and (empty) target instance needs to be configured for backup.

Hope this helps. Check by if you have more questions.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Gentlemen you have the DP 9 in use and it is generating FULL_Backup of Oracle databases on a monthly basis; We need to perform the RESTORATION of the Oracle database on a different host, from the GUI of the protective data (from the tapes); but when choosing the destination server the objects to be restored are lost.

You have the server (destination host) with the same version of oracle installed and the same instance name.

You could help me by indicating the steps and configurations that must be done to be able to perform the Oracle database restoration please ....

Sorry for my English...
It has generated backups of oracle databases on tapes ... what is required is to perform the restore from the tapes to a new server. For such work you have prepared a server in linus and installed the oracle version.
we select the restore option of the origin base
then in the options tab we select the destination server.
Selecting the destination server is where the error message is generated.
I would appreciate if you can provide me with the steps that must be followed to perform the restore from tapes, configurations that must be done ......

I attach images ...

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Tony,

I don't see any error messages or screenshots. Please share them with us.

In general you need to deploy a Data Protector Agent (Disk Agent, Oracle) to the destination server. The instance to which you want to restore to must be properly configured for backup (before you can restore to it). All the details for this can be found in the Integration Guide starting on page 332.

HPE Data Protector Integration Guide 9.09
http://h30359.www3.hpe.com/documents/h/hpe_man_DP9.09_Integration_pdf.pdf

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Hello Sebastian Koehler
You have already configured the destination server in the data protector, I attached the message that is displayed ...

2018-03-27 16_17_30-restore_imagen.docx - Microsoft Word.png

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Tony,

Thanks for sharing the scrrenshots. The error message indicates you need to configure a backup for this client first so Data Protector is aware of the Oracle instance where you want to restore. This creates some neccesary configuration files on the Cell Manager. Try to configure a backup of the Oracle instance on the destination server. If this works okay you should be able to restore to it.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Hi Sebastian
The copy was made with the data protector; but as I indicated before, it is still not possible to restore it; should any configuration be made in the data protector?
please can you help me by indicating all the steps to follow to restore from the tape generated in the data protector.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Tony,

@Tony1wrote:
should any configuration be made in the data protector?

Yes, you need to configure the target instance (on the system where you want to restore to) for backup. Perform a simple full backup of this empty database. It is only needed to make sure the integration with Data Protector is fine.

After this has been done, you should be able to select it for restore.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Hi Sebastian
The configuration of the destination server was made and the backup was generated; but even if the error occurs.
Maybe I'm missing some step. would be very helpful if you can provide the steps and settings to perform the restore

Beforehand thank you very much...

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Tony,

Please excuse my delayed response. So even with a successful backup on the destination database you're receiving error [12:8414] The selected Oracle database instance has never been configured during restore?

Please confirm if you try Restore or Duplicate in the Restore context.

There are a few possible causes for this error still showing up:

1. Please make sure the user root in group root on client dwpink is added as a Data Protector userlist in the Users context (as root or operator).
  2. Name resolution issues from Cell Manager to client and vice versa. Please make sure the Cell Manager can resolve dwpink and the Client dwpink can resolve the Cell Manager and its own hostname via DNS or host file properly. Test this with host or ping -a command.

If none of this works check the logs on the client in /var/opt/omni/log and the inet.log on the Cell Manager.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Hi Sebastian
the tests that you indicate were carried out and this is found correctly; Check the log and you do not have information about the restore.
I reiterate would be of great help, that I can provide all the steps, pre-restore settings.
configurations that the destination server must have, etc.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.