Trusted Contributor.. DiAc Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Retval 8010, DP 8, and Exchange 2013 integration

Jump to solution

For 1 and a half year I have the described problem with DP and exchange 2013 ( installed on Windows Server 2012 ).

It seems to me that DP-User's membership in the 'Organization management' cannot be verified reliable.

I have a multi domain environment and DP 9.03 is installed on a member server in a sub domain.

I've scheduled a task running every 15 minutes on a mailbox server with the following:

e2010_bar.exe -chkconf

The result changes every 12 hours ( or a multiple of 12 😞

MS Exchange 2010+ Configuration check success

OR

Configured User dp-user is not a member of MS Exchange built-in group 'Organization Management'.

A year ago I opened a case with HP, it ended with the reference to the known MS article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969166/en-us

The following case with Microsoft showed that the file version of System.directoryservices.accountmanagement.dll

on my WS 2012 is higher ( 3.5.30729.6387 ) than in the article.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Dirk

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.. a_hassan Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Jump to solution

I have the same echo with same version , did you suceed to get a solution , the funny thing that backup is succeed some time without any error ?!!

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

No, I haven' got a solution yet.

As long as the 'Organization management' membership could not be verified reliable, the backup sometimes succeeded

and sometimes not.

All my DCs are Windows Server 2008 R2 , the functional domain level is also "Windows Server 2008 R2" , the DP Server is Windows Server 2008 x64 with DP 9.04

Because of the astonishing "multiple of 12 hours" it may be a relation with the timestamps of an access token or something else.

Best regards,

Dirk

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

I have opened a case at HP and I asked for the fix QCIM2A59113_TM1, it is a new powershell API DLL.

In the HP Blogs I found the following article where this fix is mentioned:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Data-Protector-Support-and-News/Data-Protector-is-probably-not-configured-for-use-with-MS-Exchan/td-p/6755590#.ViXgiPn7NSF

Now the integration works fine!

Absent Member.. Henry A.C. Jans Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanx for this Post... It helped me out too... We had an reinstalled Exhchange DAG host what did not have DotNET 3.5 installed... The whole DP config doesn't work anymore then... 

Thanks again... It put me on the right trail...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.