Valued Contributor.. Shane_Hicks Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

S3 backup - Error in communication with cloud [UNKNOWN EXCEPTION], retrying

We get this while backing data to an S3 bucket. Data is being moved but trying to find out why the message.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: S3 backup - Error in communication with cloud [UNKNOWN EXCEPTION], retrying

Hello @Shane_Hicks,

I have seen this kind of problems before but this is for a misconfiguration of the S3.

At the end the backup fails or work properly? 

Are you using a generic region or a region provided for Amazon? 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

I have tried both. I have changed the URL to point to US-East-1 and get the same

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This looks to me like a known issue. I have seen this behavior in DP 10.03 and was solved with QCCR2A80339. 

Can you please confirm your DP version? 

Andres Fallas Salazar

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

We are on 10.04
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The hotfix is just a .so modified that should be applied in the MA. The hotfix exists only for DP 10.03 and Linux servers. 

If your media server is Linux, you can try the hotfix. Just open a case requesting and send me in a private message the ID. 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.