Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: S3 bucket selection slow

Jump to solution

Yes correct. L3 and R&D. 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello @Shane_Hicks,

I had a quick look at your MMA debugs I can see that there are plenty of access denied errors.

[ 99] 2019-10-31 11:48:43.949 ("/lib/HttpInterface/DPRestResponse.cpp $Rev: 55015 $ $Date:: 2016-10-06 07:01:23 ":108)
[ 99] <<=== (9) } /* verifyResponse */
[ 99] RetVal: status
[ 99]
[199] [RestResponse] response body: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>***</RequestId><HostId>***</HostId></Error>

From my point of view this is not caused by the amount of buckets you have. I guess you have tried a S3 browser from the Media Agent (Gateway) server already so the connection and credentials are okay?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Valued Contributor.. Shane_Hicks Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution
Correct. I have used S3 browser and connect with no issue. I would expect access denied because the IAM user does not have rights but to only two buckets.
It would be great that instead of scanning, we could just type in the bucket name.
0 Likes
menace
Visitor.

Jump to solution
Hi Shane,
Any progress in the last 10 days?
I have the same issue and I am tearing my hair out.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

Seems the problem has been resolved with a hot fix. The reference number is OCTIM19Q371781 in case you need it.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.