Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

SAP Archive ( Doubt )

My question is not about errors or fails, I just have a doubt about the SAP Backup.

I have a SAP ECC 6.0 with Oracle Database and I'm doing backups normally, but I believe that of wrong way. See below:

I have DIALY SAP ONLINE jobs that take an average 11 hours to complete. And during this time, some ARCHIVELOG are executed to each hour.

Question: In case of restore, the SAP ONLINE DIALY job will be consistent with the archivelog list sequence ???

Note: There is a Archivelog backup configured together with the dialy SAP ONLINE BACKUP and it is execute always after the ONLINE Backup and Before the backup to complete.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SAP Archive ( Doubt )

Hello @Renan Ramos,

Could you please give us more details about SAP version and the DP version? 

What is SAP ECC, should it be considered under SAP R/3 or MaxDB? 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.