Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

SP 2010 and DP 6.11's scripted solution

I have a perplexing issue. I'm trying to use moss_backup.ps1 to create a backup spec for Sharepoint 2010. The domain admin is MYDOM\Administrator. This user has no Sharepoint admin privs. The Sharepoint admin is MYDOM\SP.Admin. This user has no domain admin privs.

If I invoke PowerShell as Administrator as directed, I am able to "Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted" but unable to create a backup spec due to having no Sharepoint admin privs. If I invoke PowerShell as SP.Admin, I am unable to "Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted" due to having no domain admin privs.

(Names have been changed to protect the innocent.)

Has anyone encountered a similar situation? If so, how did you solve what appears to be a "you can't get there from here" dilemma?

Thanks in advance!

-----
Was this information helpful? If so, please like and give kudos. Thanks!
0 Likes
0 Replies
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.