Contributor.. Joel Anderon Contributor..
Contributor..

SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name

Jump to solution

I am attempting to install Data Protector 10.3 and I am getting an error immediately getting an error when trying to open Cell Manager that states: SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name.

During the installation, there was a FAILURE for hostname validation, it stated that the hostname label must begin with an alphabet.  Our server naming convention begins with a number, could this be causing this error with the SSL?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name

Jump to solution

Hello @Joel Anderon

This is completely the problem. These are restrictions and cannot be skipped. 

You can check more in this post (DP) Support Tip: Restriction for Cell Manager Hostnames 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello @Joel Anderon

This is completely the problem. These are restrictions and cannot be skipped. 

You can check more in this post (DP) Support Tip: Restriction for Cell Manager Hostnames 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Contributor.. Joel Anderon Contributor..
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks for the link and the clarification.  I assumed this would be the issue, I just needed to be certain.  I renamed the server, and uninstalled and re-installed the 10.3 version of the software, and it opened fine without the error.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.