Rob Wood Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Scheduling and Holidays

Jump to solution
Hi Ya'll, One that probably has a patch (or the like) available. When Scheduling a job to run and one select the "Holidays" check box, the system seems to choose days I don't recognise as Public Holidays in Australia (let alone Sydney, Australia). Is there a patch file or some other work-around that will make selecting this check-box display local holidays and not someone elses holidays? Thanks in advance for any responses.
May the best of your past be less than the worst of your future
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor.. Iris Berr Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Scheduling and Holidays

Jump to solution
Hi Rob,
OmniBack has a "Holidays"-File where you can customize your Holidays.
We use HP-UX and OmniBack 2.55 and the Holiday-File is /etc/opt/omni/Holidays
It looks like this:

* Day of Calendar Company
* Year Date Holiday
1 Jan 1 New Year's Day
360 Dec 26 Day after Christmas
361 Dec 27 2nd day after Christmas

At this time i haven't found a ready to use file and i change it every year for our company.
I hope this is what you were looking for.

regards
Iris

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Super Contributor.. Iris Berr Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution
Hi Rob,
OmniBack has a "Holidays"-File where you can customize your Holidays.
We use HP-UX and OmniBack 2.55 and the Holiday-File is /etc/opt/omni/Holidays
It looks like this:

* Day of Calendar Company
* Year Date Holiday
1 Jan 1 New Year's Day
360 Dec 26 Day after Christmas
361 Dec 27 2nd day after Christmas

At this time i haven't found a ready to use file and i change it every year for our company.
I hope this is what you were looking for.

regards
Iris

View solution in original post

Rob Wood Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Iris, Thanks for the response, it has solved my problem completely, now I can change that file (in our NT system) and have the correct holidays displayed. It would of course be much easier if HP had designed some sort of GUI tool for doing this, now my only problem is counting days of the year 🙂 My head hurts just thinking about it 🙂 Thanks again for the reponse, very much appreciated.
0 Likes
Rick Garland Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
On the UNIX system, there is an option to the date command that will produce the output as the number of days since the 1st of the year. We use this for our backup log file names. Do a man on date and you will see it in there.

There are many other options available as well. For instance, how many days are left in the year (goes the opposite way as well). Do the man on date and you will find many options that can useful.
0 Likes
Rick Garland Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
On the UNIX system, there is an option to the date command that will produce the output as the number of days since the 1st of the year. We use this for our backup log file names. Do a man on date and you will see it in there.

There are many other options available as well. For instance, how many days are left in the year (goes the opposite way as well). Do the man on date and you will find many options that can useful.
0 Likes
Rob Wood Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Rick, You mention that one could setup to count "number of days" from the first of the year. We are using NT and NOT UNIX, and I've noticed that when I setup a Daily Backup to run continuously I have this years holidays appearing in next years calendar. How can I set up to have next years holidays appear as next years holidays and not just repeat this years holidays?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Anthony Gooneti Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
You will have to change the file beofre the end of the year, tedious but there is not much choice. Install Perl under NT, I have seen many scripts in perl top give the date as a number.
Minimum effort maximum output!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.