ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Scripting the path config for my SAN presented tape libraries

I've got a 3 node HP-UX cluster that we are migrating to. We will have some 60-odd Service Guard packages that can float between nodes.

I want to push my backups through the SAN.

My problem is that it would be really really tedious (sp?) to use the gui to plug all the device/tape-drive paths for each virtual-IP/package into DataProtector.

I can script like a madman. I need to know where this data (device path on each host) is kept. If the database is the home... is there a way to export/edit/import the path config?

A quick find/grep makes me think answer is... yes, stored in database (i.e. not text files).

Has anyone ever hurdled this issue?

P.S. don't tell me to run an auto-scan... we have a large already-live environment.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

It looks like omnicellinfo -dev -detail will dump the information that I am interested in. Is there a workflow where I can dump the info to text file, manually/scriptwise add paths to the file and then read it back in?
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Bingo... omnidownload/omniupload... Eureka!

Can't believe that no one cashed in on this one.
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

omnidownload/omniupload.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You might find my script similar in purpose enlightening:

mkdir test
cd test
omnidownload -list_devices -detail > file1
vi file1

grep -v = file1 > file2
awk -v RS="" -F\" '{print $0 > $2}' file2
rm file1 file2
for i in *
do
omniupload -modify_device $i -file $i
done

Thanks,
Scott
HP Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.