Nathan Simpson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Size of /CONFIGURATION backup on Win2K3 DC and DFS

Jump to solution
Hi,

I know this is a hard question to answer as all environments are different, but how large could a /CONFIGURATION backup be on a Win2K3 server acting as a DC be?

We have a 12GB tape drive and over half is being used by /CONFIGURATION. So that makes over 6GB. Our DFS share has about 5.5GB of data. Would the /CONFIGURATION backup be backing up all our DFS data? Or is this just a coincidence. The DFS folders are excluded from the normal filesystem backup.

How can I find out?

Thanks

Nathan
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Kurt Beyers. Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Size of /CONFIGURATION backup on Win2K3 DC and DFS

Jump to solution
Nathan,

The configuration backup of a DC will be in the order of a few GB.

So the 6 GB doesn't seem that strange to me, it all depends on the sizing of your environment. And a tape drive of 12 GB is getting rather small these days.

best regards,
Kurt
1 Reply
Highlighted
Kurt Beyers. Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Size of /CONFIGURATION backup on Win2K3 DC and DFS

Jump to solution
Nathan,

The configuration backup of a DC will be in the order of a few GB.

So the 6 GB doesn't seem that strange to me, it all depends on the sizing of your environment. And a tape drive of 12 GB is getting rather small these days.

best regards,
Kurt
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.