AkimovDenis Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

StoreOnce and DP 9.05 source-side deduplication

I can't find information for what need  

"Storage Replication Licenses - HP StoreOnce 4200/4500 Catalyst LTU(BB888A)".

Does work source-side deduplication with storeonce 4500 and DP 9.05 without this licence (BB888A)?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: StoreOnce and DP 9.05 source-side deduplication

Hi,

This is not a Data Protector license. It's a StoreOnce license to be installed on your StoreOnce device.

Koen

0 Likes
Highlighted
AkimovDenis Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

I want use StoreOnce as target backap device "StoreOnce catalyst".  Should I install this licence on Store Once or not?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Oh ... and I'm assuming you don't need it for source-side deduplication. Just for replications probably. For more details, please contact StoreOnce support or put the question on a forum there.

Koen

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Ronny_BUR Absent Member..
Absent Member..

if your intention is to use Catalyst Stores, you need the StoreOnce Catalyst License, you can do source side dedup as long as the hosts supports the media agent with the dedup. This License is applied on the StoreOnce only.

look at the StoreOnce quick specs for more information:

A StoreOnce Catalyst license is required for each appliance that will host Catalyst Stores. The license enables backup and copy to Catalyst Stores on the appliance.
The license is locked to the appliance and cannot be transferred to another appliance.
There is no need to purchase a replication license when using StoreOnce Catalyst Copy. However, if VTL or NAS replication is configured on the same appliance, a replication license will be required for each target appliance.
Every StoreOnce Backup system (and 6500 couplet) that uses StoreOnce Catalyst requires a license

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.