Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Sybase Backup

Hello Everybody,

I'm doing a sybase backup, but It isn't working mode that I need.

Every my SAP System was installed with an administrator local account in the server, and the backup only works If I start the Data Protector Inet Service with that same administrator local account that the system was installed. If I try start the service log on as with the LOCAL SYSTEM ACCOUNT, It isn't work.

I believe that I need give to special privilegies to the "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" into the Sybase Database, but I don't know how to do this.

Can anyone help me ?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

What error is reported when you attempt to run backup with inet running under local system account?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

[Normal] From: BSM@CM_SERVER.MYDOMAIN.com.br "DIARIO_SYBASE_SYBASESERVER_CAT_ONLINE"  Time: 03/08/2017 09:41:49
 Backup session 2017/08/03-185 started.

[Normal] From: BSM@CM_SERVER.MYDOMAIN.com.br "DIARIO_SYBASE_SYBASESERVER_CAT_ONLINE"  Time: 03/08/2017 09:41:49
 OB2BAR application on "SYBASESERVER.mydomain.com.br" successfully started.

[Critical] From: OB2BAR@SYBASESERVER.mydomain.com.br "FID"  Time: 03/08/2017 09:41:50
 Open Client API reported: ct_connect(): protocol specific layer: internal Client Library error: There is a tds login error. The installed encryption handler returned a status that was not CS_SUCCEED.

[Warning] From: OB2BAR@SYBASESERVER.mydomain.com.br "FID"  Time: 03/08/2017 09:41:50
 Open Client API reported: ct_close(): user api layer: external error: There is a usage error.  This routine has been called at an illegal time.

[Normal] From: BSM@CM_SERVER.MYDOMAIN.com.br "DIARIO_SYBASE_SYBASESERVER_CAT_ONLINE"  Time: 03/08/2017 09:41:51
 OB2BAR application on "SYBASESERVER.mydomain.com.br" disconnected.

[Critical] From: BSM@CM_SERVER.MYDOMAIN.com.br "DIARIO_SYBASE_SYBASESERVER_CAT_ONLINE"  Time: 03/08/2017 09:41:51
 None of the Disk Agents completed successfully.
 Session has failed.

[Normal] From: BSM@CM_SERVER.MYDOMAIN.com.br "DIARIO_SYBASE_SYBASESERVER_CAT_ONLINE"  Time: 03/08/2017 09:41:51

Backup Statistics:

Session Queuing Time (hours)         0,00       
  -------------------------------------------     
  Completed Disk Agents ........          0         
  Failed Disk Agents ...........          0         
  Aborted Disk Agents ..........          0         
  Disk Agents Total  ...........          0         
  ===========================================     
  Completed Media Agents .......          0         
  Failed Media Agents ..........          0         
  Aborted Media Agents .........          0         
  Media Agents Total  ..........          0         
  Throttled Gateways ...........          0         
  Gateways Total ...............          1         
  Overall Deduplication Ratio ..          -           
  Mbytes Total .................       0 MB       
  Used Media Total .............          0         
  Disk Agent Errors Total ......          0   

============================================================================
                      Session failed!
============================================================================

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.