Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Sybase Integration on Windows

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a problem with Sybase Integration SAP System.. from GUI I have an error like this:

*RETVAL*8100

CHILDERROR:53
Process exit code: 53, Signal: 0
ISql error

when i test it on cmd on the client it works with the <sid>adm:

perl util_sybase.pl -config PJ1 C:\sybase\PJ1 C:\sybase\PJ1\OCS-16_0\bin\isql.exe sapsa "xxxx"
*RETVAL*0

on the client i have this in the omniinetpasswd

omniinetpasswd -list
PJ1ADM@XXXX
PJ1ADM@XXXX.LOCAL

what is the problem from the GUI

Thanks for Help,

Thomas

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Sybase Integration on Windows

Jump to solution

Hello @Thomas W.,

This is something I have seen before. Make sure that the Sybase DLLs are in your path. The PATH environment variable must contain the %SYBASE%\%SYBASE_OCS%\dll directory.

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc35455.1500/html/ocspw95/ocspw9511.htm

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.

View solution in original post

Tags (3)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello @Thomas W.,

This is something I have seen before. Make sure that the Sybase DLLs are in your path. The PATH environment variable must contain the %SYBASE%\%SYBASE_OCS%\dll directory.

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc35455.1500/html/ocspw95/ocspw9511.htm

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.

View solution in original post

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Sebastian,

the configuration works perfect thanks

but in the session i have following error message: where can i find more information 

[Critical] From: OB2BAR@xxxxx.xxxx.local "PJ1" Time: 04.02.2020 06:20:01
Open Client API reported: Error encountered by Backup Server. Please refer to Backup Server messages for details.

regards

thomas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

i found the solution in the debug log file on the client ...

2020-02-04 06:20:01.459 OB2BAR.12188.11828 ["/integ/bar2/ob2service.c $Rev: 56383 $ $Date:: 2017-01-30 08:25:51 ":559] A.09.00 b114
[OB2_Init] User SYBPJ1.XXXX does not exist in OB2. Error: Details unknown.
cmd:sybmbuf.exe
Function trace (currentLevel=1):
Level 1: OB2_Init()
Level 0: syb_open(stripeid:0 numStripes:1 mode:1 version:0x20001 vendor string:ob2syb::XX-xxxx-PJ1-Fr)

add the sybpj1 to operator and it works

thanks sebastian for your help

regards

thomas

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.