Willie Wright Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Tape drive errors

When omniback needs to mount a different tape into the drive, @ times this error message is kick out.

[Major] From: BMA@saipcxx.xxx.xxx.xxx "saipcxx_rmt1" Time: 10/11/00 12:18:54
[90:54] /dev/rmt/2m
Can not open device ([13] Permission denied)

Note: The job will complete successfully.

I like UNIX
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Anthony Gooneti Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Tape drive errors

Sounds like the old tape is still in the drive, are you using DLT tapes? There was a problem with DLTs getting stuck but there has been a firmware release for the DLT7000 model drives.
Minimum effort maximum output!
0 Likes
Pamm Martinez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am having the same error message. The backups complete successfully. I use LTO tapes through a tape san. I'm wondering if this is a timming issue on the exchange of tapes. Is there a setting I can adjust?
0 Likes
Dela Acolatse Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That message usually means that the tape or media loaded in the drive is write protected. If it encounters such a tape/medium, it'll unload it, then reload another tape/medium, thus finishing the backup session.
0 Likes
stanley chan_3 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have seen it where the medium is eitehr full or bad. U need to check if the tape is write able (if the tape is full or protected).
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.