Abdallah Abdulhafid Contributor.
Contributor.

Tape library and Virtual Fiber Channel Adapter

Hello,

As we are using HP MSL G3 series as our backup device. My question here does it support virtual HBA? In other words can I use a client system installed on a hyper-v machine and running win server 2012 as a Media Agent?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Tape library and Virtual Fiber Channel Adapter

Hello @Abdallah Abdulhafid,

Please check my response in the other discussion a few days ago. For Hyper-V you can the Hyper-V host as the Media Agent, but not the Hyper-V VM to access the tape library directly.

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Data-Protector-User-Discussions/DP10-new-install-with-MSL4048-Autoconfig-reports-No-drives-found/m-p/2694308/highlight/true#M160238

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.