Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Tapes don't show % of use, or MB used

Hi,I have got a extrange problem.

My backups with data protector works well, and if I check the internal database, backups are marked as OK.

The problem is when i check the tapes (for check the % of use, or MB used ), all tapes show that have the 100% of capacity free for use and o MB used, but if i check the objects in that tape, I can see all the files,backups, etc. Restore with that tapes works perfectly too.

Any idea?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

you are opening GUI from a client host right? i've seen some posts before where people said this was happening on that situation, and turned out to be name resolution issues... are you opening the GUI using fqdn or IP?... I bet you are using IP... try using fqdn.
If that does not solve, try opening the GUI on the cell manager server itself, and check if same thing happens
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

first of all, thanks for your help.

I have checked with the fqdn and the IP, opening DP locally in the server, but still not work.

¿Any idea, if could be any problem with the IDB database or something like that?

thanks

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

have those tapes been exported and reimported, or imported to the IDB? In those cases DP does not know what is the full size of the tape, so it does not show usage by default... its a normal limitation.
try formating those tapes when you can.
after reformating the tapes, their size will be kept on the IDB and then DP will be able to show you their percentage of usage.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You don't need to reformat the media. If the media is overwritten (after expired) and will reach end of tape (EOT) then the information is updated in the IDB again. The size of the media is not really relevant to your backup...just for statistics.

Regards,
Sebastian
---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.