Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Absent Member.. RaajK Absent Member..
Absent Member..

The Client is not a member of any cell

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to configure  rman integration backup for Oracle cluster (unix client) and getting the error "The Client is not a member of any cell ". Also I am able to take FS backup successfully on both the cluster clients, however when trying to configure the online Oracle backup with the cluster name I am getting this error.

DP Version : 6.11.

All patches are up to date.

Any quick help would be highly appreciated..

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: The Client is not a member of any cell

Jump to solution

The issue has been resolved  after reimporting the virtual client  as a  Virtual server.Earlier it was imported just as a client.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Eblyn Solis Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

hi,

Did you try to import the cluster name?

regards

Please assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

The Cluster has already been imported and I am also able to take backup of cluster resources and both clients  at FS level. However it only gives error only when I am trying to configure the Oracle online DB backup.

0 Likes
Martin Oravec Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

have you tried to add the oracle user to DataProtector users?

Martin Oravec

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

The issue has been resolved  after reimporting the virtual client  as a  Virtual server.Earlier it was imported just as a client.

0 Likes
shyfur Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Raajk

I am getting the same error. Could you please guide me a little brief. I want to get rid of this error. I thought it was a bug!!! Please spread your hand.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.